Lemon essential oil is sometimes referred to as “liquid sunshine” – for a good reason! It is one of the most versatile essential oils, it is quite inexpensive, and it is an aromatic powerhouse. It has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and mood enhancing properties. Read on for 10 every day uses of lemon essential oil.
- Cooking. Add a drop of lemon oil to add flavor to baked goods.
- In your water. At home and especially when dining out – never mind adding a slice of lemon that may be teeming with pesticides. Carry your lemon oil with you!
- Lemonade. No fresh lemons, no problem. Mix 2 drops of lemon oil, 2 tablespoons of agave nectar, and 2 cups of water.
- Air freshener. Put several drops in a squirt bottle with water to use to freshen any room.
- Spot cleaner. Use 1-2 drops to remove gum, grease, or oil from surfaces.
- Countertops. Add 2-3 drops to water and spray counters to sterilize.
- Dish cloths and sponges. Soak your dish cloths and sponges overnight in a bowl of lemon-infused water to disinfect.
- Public bathrooms. Rub 1-2 drops on your hands after using a public restroom.
- Varicose veins. Rub several drops on varicose veins to improve circulation and decrease pressure on the veins.
- Mental clarity and mood. Diffuse in your work or study space to promote a positive mood and enhance cognitive ability.
These are just a few of the many uses for lemon essential oil. To learn more about certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils, feel free to contact me.