As my essential oils mentor said, lavender is the “Swiss army knife” of essential oils. If you’re interested in implementing essential oils in your daily health and wellness routine, lavender is a good place to start. Read on for 10 of the many uses of lavender essential oil!
- Burns: apply 2-3 drops to soothe the pain of a minor burn.
- Calm: diffuse or rub a couple of drops in your hands and inhale to calm the mind.
- Sleep aid: same method in as # 2, or rub oil on your hands and transfer to pillow!
- Cuts/scrapes: apply directly to the injury to stop bleeding and clean the wound.
- Bee stings/insect bites: put a drop on a bite or sting to reduce swelling and stop irritation.
- Chapped lips or skin: rub oil on for relief.
- Scent your laundry: put a few drops on a dryer sheet to scent your clothes.
- Eczema/dermatitis: mix with a carrier oil and use topically for eczema or dermatitis.
- Scar tissue: to reduce or minimize scar tissue, rub on the affected area.
- Bikini line: apply to skin post-shave, neat. Keeps irritation to a minimum – I promise!
Contact me to learn more about certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils.