This recipe was inspired by some vegetable salsa my friend Jennifer brought me – it was AMAZING! I made a few modifications – not as much oil and sugar/sugar substitute, different beans and peppers, and walnut oil instead of canola oil. You can adjust the oil and sweetness to suit your tastes. Just a reminder: I used mostly organic ingredients. Use organic when possible!
- 1 can Northern white beans
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 roasted red bell pepper (from a jar), chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 3-4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 Anaheim pepper, chopped
- to add before serving (optional):
- 1 heirloom tomato, chopped
- 1 large handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a separate bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and allow it to marinate in the fridge for at least a couple of hours before serving.
- Stir in chopped tomato and cilantro before serving, if desired.