This recipe was given to me by a good friend in Tucson. She brought me a small container of it and I’m embarrassed to admit how quickly it was gone. I basically inhaled it. You know, it has never crossed my mind to put chili powder in salsa – and I don’t know why not. It’s incredible! I made a few minor tweaks, and it is A.MA.ZING.
- 1 can organic black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen organic sweet corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Put the black beans, corn, onion, pepper, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Mix the vinegar, oil, lime juice, agave, spices, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the beans and veggies, stirring thoroughly to combine.
- Let the mixture marinate for at least a couple of hours before serving.