Buffalo Tofu Bites
This is the perfect snack for football Sundays…it’s super easy, slightly sweet, definitely spicy, and oh-so-tasty. I like to use the firm tofu from Trader Joe’s – you don’t need to drain it, and it’s nice and dense so it holds together well. I always use the whole pack so I’ll have leftovers…but if you are cooking for company or a family, that plan might be moot! (Hint: I use the leftovers on pizza!)
- 1 package of firm tofu (I use Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup Vegan Buffalo Sauce
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the tofu into small rectangular pieces – about 1″ by 1/2″ or so.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the tofu pieces and the salt and pepper.
- Brown the tofu on both sides.
- In a measuring cup, mix the sauce ingredients – the Vegan Buffalo Sauce and the agave nectar.
- Pour the sauce over the tofu and mix evenly, very gently, making sure all of the tofu is covered.
- Let the tofu and sauce simmer for a few minutes until the sauce starts to reduce and thicken.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a serving bowl.
- Serve with your favorite dressing. I used Daiya Blue Cheeze dressing…so yummy.