This banana bread is easy, decadent, gluten free…and this is one of the ways I use over-ripe bananas. (The other thing I do with them is peel and freeze them for use in smoothies.) It’s a perfect snack, topped with some vegan butter, or it’s a great breakfast/brunch item. As with most breads, it is best when it’s hot from the oven!
- 3 large over-ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups fine brown rice flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3/4-1 cup vegan chocolate chips, depending on how much chocolate you want in your bread!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Mash the bananas and the sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Once the bananas and sugar are thoroughly blended, add the oil, vanilla, and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Thoroughly combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the greased loaf pan and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out free of batter (though it might have some chocolate on it!).