Creamy Avocado Citrus Dressing
This is a lovely, thick, flavorful dressing that doesn’t use much oil. The avocado thickens it while the citrus juices, cilantro, and jalapeno add plenty of flavor. This recipe was inspired by a recipe in the Raw Food, Real World book – with a few minor adjustments!
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup white or yellow onion
- 1/2 of a small jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- 1 generous handful of cilantro
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients except the olive oil in a high speed blender or food processor.
- Blend until thoroughly combined.
- With the machine still running, stream in the olive oil so that the mixture will emulsify.