Have I mentioned lately that I’m in love with my Instant Pot? It makes meal prep SO EASY. And fast. This recipe is based on the Moosewood Cookbook’s Hungarian Mushroom Soup, and it was inspired by a cup of soup I had recently at Sealevel City Gourmet here in Wilmington. It was a Hungarian Paprika Soup, and it was amazing! I searched a few recipes and settled on the Moosewood version, with a few slight modifications.
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large white or yellow onion, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small head of green cabbage, chopped
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 tablespoon Tamari soy sauce
- 2-3 cups vegetable broth or water
Just before serving:
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cashew Sour Cream
- Pour the oil into the Instant Pot (IP – or other pressure cooker). Begin the saute function on low.
- When the oil is hot, add the onions. Saute them until translucent and soft, stirring often.
- Add the garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant and softened.
- Turn the saute function off, and add the mushrooms, cabbage, coconut milk, dll, paprika, soy sauce, salt, and vegetable broth or water.
- Set the Instant Pot on the soup setting for four minutes.
- When it is done, let the lid naturally release.
- Stir in the lemon juice and half of the cilantro.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Garnish with cilantro and Cashew Sour Cream.