Easy One Pot Pasta
If I’d known making pasta could be this easy – without all the draining/straining mess – I’d have been making pasta this way for years. I don’t know if I’ll make it the “old way” again…this is easy, quick, and delish! And it makes a TON of food.
- 1 12-16 oz. bag pasta
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup chopped, firmly packed fresh basil
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- nutritional yeast (optional)
- Place all ingredients except nutritional yeast in a large pot.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until pasta is slightly al dente (check the directions on the bag of pasta), stirring every few minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir just before serving.
- Sprinkle with nutritional yeast, if desired.