This is a wicked easy appetizer or snack, and they’re packed with protein and flavor. I make a big batch (double or triple this recipe) and break in into single servings, ready to grab and go in a snap.
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (or other sweetener of choice)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, agave nectar/other sweetener, sea salt, and spices.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Add the chickpeas to the bowl and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour the mixture into a glass casserole dish and roast for 30-40 minutes, until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn the chickpeas two or three times during cooking.