Easy Teriyaki Sauce
Oh my goodness – if I’d known making teriyaki sauce at home was this easy, I’d have quit buying it YEARS ago! This recipe is borrowed almost entirely from this post on budgetbytes.com. I added a little extra garlic and ginger because…well…that’s the way I roll.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or Tamari
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Put the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger in a small sauce pan.
- In a Pyrex measuring cup, mix the cornstarch and water until the cornstarch dissolves.
- Add the cornstarch and water mixture to the sauce pan.
- Bring the contents to a simmer, whisking constantly.
- Once the contents begin to simmer, remove from the heat.
- Enjoy as a sauce or marinade! (I like it with canned jackfruit and sliced mushrooms, cooked in the Instant Pot and then used to make teriyaki tacos – delish!)