Cold pressed from the peel of the orange, Wild Orange Essential Oil (citrus sinensis) is one of my absolute favorites. And yes, I realize I say that about a lot of oils…but it’s always true! I have many favorites, and Wild Orange is a must-have in any essential oil collection. It has an invigorating and energizing aroma, and it is a powerful cleanser. It’s incredibly versatile – and inexpensive! Read on for a few ways to use this remarkable essential oil.
1. Make an all-purpose spray to cleanse surfaces. Be sure to use a glass bottle and dilute with plenty of water!
2. Diffuse it for an energy boost. I like to combine it with other oils in the diffuser for a unique blend. Try these three favorites:
- Wild Orange + Frankincense + Peppermint
- Wild Orange + Bergamot + Grapefruit or Lime
- Wild Orange + Cinnamon
3. Add a drop to your water for a burst of flavor. I use Lemon Essential Oil for this quite often, but sometimes I switch it up with Wild Orange or Grapefruit – and it’s delish!
4. Make your own furniture polish infused with it. (Check out this DIY recipe from doTERRA – it’s easy peasy!)
5. Add a drop or two to a fruit smoothie – especially a tropical fruit smoothie. The intense orange flavor complements the sweetness of the fruit, and the aroma is naturally energizing. Now that’s a great way to start the day!
These are just a few of the ways I use Wild Orange Essential Oil in my daily life (yes, it’s true…I’m a self-proclaimed essential oils junkie). Please note that not all essential oils are created equally – quality matters, and I only recommend one brand. To learn more about the brand I trust and how you can use essential oils in your daily life to promote wellness naturally, contact me!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.