Avocados are one of nature’s super fruits – super tasty and super versatile! They are nutrient dense, full of vitamins and anti-oxidants including vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E, vitamin B6, folate, magnesium, lutein, potassium, and beta-carotene. They contain good fats and are naturally sodium and cholesterol free. Avocados can act as a “nutrient booster” by helping increase the absorption of fat-soluble nutrients like vitamins A, D, K, and E. PLUS they are delish!
Check out these five ways to enjoy more avocados as part of a healthy vegan diet.
- Avocado toast! Spread ripe avocado on your choice of toast as you would vegan buttery spread or vegan cream cheese. Top with chopped cilantro, lime juice, and sea salt, and you have a tasty, hearty, healthful breakfast or snack.
- Make a Quick and Easy Guacamole.
- Enjoy a Deconstructed Guacamole and Tomato Sandwich.
- Make an Avocado Pesto Pasta.
- Avocado fries are creamy, crunchy, and divine. Here’s an easy recipe from PETA that uses pantry staples and a little plant-based milk – easy peasy!
You can also make an awesome chocolate pudding using avocados as the base. The possibilities with avocados are endless! Do you have a favorite way to use avocado? Please share in the comments below!