Garlicky Butter Beans with Spinach
This is so easy, I hesitate to call it a recipe. It’s really just dressing up a can of beans for an easy lunch or dinner dish. I made this in about 15 minutes and served it over my Easy Vegan Cornbread. Delish! It would be great with some crusty Italian bread or over biscuits, too.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegan buttery spread
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can of Eden Organic Butter Beans
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the red onion and saute until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the butter beans (DO NOT DRAIN!), Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Once the mixture is thoroughly heated, add the spinach and cover for 2-3 minutes to wilt the spinach.
- Stir in the spinach and make sure everything is thoroughly heated.
- Taste test for salt and pepper content and spice level; make adjustments as needed.
If you like your beans a little thinner, feel free to add a little vegetable broth or plant-based milk.