What does sustainability mean to you? For me, sustainability is the process of maintaining environmental, economic, and social growth and change in a harmonious, balanced way that protects the Earth and her resources for current and future generations.
The decisions we make every day – even the seemingly insignificant ones – have an enormous impact on the planet. The way most of us are living today is not sustainable.
- We are a throw-away society, and the amount of waste we produce is staggering.
- Current systems of animal agriculture are not sustainable.
- Our oceans are dying.
I write about sustainability issues in a variety of contexts. I have hope that our current trajectory is not “final.” It can – and in fact must – change. Together, we CAN make a difference and move toward a sustainable future for Mother Earth and all of her inhabitants.
Recent Blog Posts
- White Tepary Beans with Spinach in the Instant Pot
- Easy Vegan Parmesan
- Notable Quotable: Voltaire
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- Mustard Barbecue Sauce
- Notable Quotable: Maya Angelou
- Chocolate Bark with Pumpkin Seeds and Sea Salt
- Smoky Collard Greens
- Ten Quotes to Inspire You in the New Year
- Everyday Essentials: DIY Holiday Room Freshener
Posts by Month
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017