I love this on seitan, or chickenless strips, or…well, just about anything. And here’s a hint: wear gloves when you handle the habaneros. Just do it. Trust me on this.
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, cut into chunks
- 4-5 habanero chiles, seeds and membranes removed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put all ingredients in a high speed blender and mix until smooth.
- Marinate your favorite vegan protein in it – be sure to reserve some for dipping!