Kale with Tahini Garlic Dressing
This dish is similar to the kale that you find on the cold bar at Whole Foods, and it was inspired by a recipe on eatingbirdfood.com. I just increased some of the amounts and changed some of the proportions of the dressing ingredients a bit for a saucier dish…those who know me know IT’S ALL ABOUT THE SAUCE (or dressing) – I am the sauce QUEEN!
- 1 bunch raw kale, washed and cut into small pieces (or use a bag of chopped organic kale)
- 3 tablespoons tahini (hint: buy it at the Mediterranean grocery!)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Tamari soy sauce
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- Put the kale in a large mixing bowl.
- In a different bowl or dressing carafe, mix all other ingredients to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the kale and massage it into the kale until all the kale pieces are thoroughly coated and wilting slightly.
- Enjoy immediately, or let it marinate a bit for softer kale.