Who else loves Brussels sprouts? And yes, it is Brussels sprouts, as they are named after the city in Belgium. Doesn’t sound right, though, does it? Anyway – this is a very simple side dish, and it’s full of flavor. (I admit I’ve been known to eat a full batch of these for dinner!)
- 1 package (approx. 1 lb.) Brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 tablespoons quality balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons quality maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss trimmed Brussels sprouts with oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Roast until caramelized – about 25 minutes, turning them at the halfway point.
- Put roasted Brussels sprouts to a large non-reactive bowl; drizzle on the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup.
- Stir to coat evenly.