Maple Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
Who else loves Brussels sprouts? And yes, it is Brussels sprouts, as they are named after the city in Belgium. Doesn’t sound right, though, does it? Anyway – this is a very simple side dish, and it’s full of flavor. (I admit I’ve been known to eat a full batch of these for dinner!)
- 1 package (approx. 1 lb.) Brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 tablespoons quality balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons quality maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss trimmed Brussels sprouts with oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Roast until caramelized – about 25 minutes, turning them at the halfway point.
- Put roasted Brussels sprouts to a large non-reactive bowl; drizzle on the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup.
- Stir to coat evenly.