I wish I could say I am one of those people who eats a lot of salads because I love the taste of raw veggies. But that would be a tall tale. For me, salad is all about the dressing. (Just like it’s all about the sauce with hot foods!) With easy, tasty dressings like this one, I honestly could (and almost do) eat salads every day.
- 1/2 cup quality balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup mild miso
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Put all ingredients except the oil in a high speed blender carafe.
- Blend on medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- Stream in olive oil with the blender running so the dressing will emulsify.
*Note that you can make this without the oil if you prefer – instead of adding the oil, mix 1/4 cup of water with a bit of xanthan gum and voila! Thickened water. Thanks to the late great Emerson Bates for the tip.