Mustard Barbecue Sauce
This is the perfect condiment for mustard and spice lovers. I first tried it on a vegan chick’n biscuit, and let me tell you…it was divine. It would be excellent for making jackfruit barbecue, or soy barbecue, or with Gardein Crispy Tenders, as a dip for regular or sweet potato fries…the possibilities are endless!
- 3/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegan buttery spread
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (I used Trader Joe’s brand)
- Put all ingredients in a small pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.