Rosemary Maple Blue Corn Muffins
I’m not much of a baker, but this recipe is so easy and delish – it has made it into the rotation. The muffins are so sweet and cake-like…they almost taste like dessert! I served them with my White Beans with Rosemary and Kale (click on the link to check out the photo of the muffins, beside the beans) loaded with Easy Vegan Butter…the sweet and savory combination was absolutely sublime. Bon appetit!
- 1 cup blue corn meal
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond or other plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a wooden spoon. Don’t overmix!
- Pour batter into a lightly greased muffin tin. I used a 12-muffin tin, and I filled the cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a knife or toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for a few minutes in the pan before serving.
- Top with Easy Vegan Butter and enjoy!