Soy Yogurt in the Instant Pot
It is SO EASY to make soy yogurt in the Instant Pot – you need just two ingredients and some time. Be careful with the soy milk that you use, though. The only ingredients should be soybeans and water. Any additives/preservatives may throw off your end product. I typically use Westsoy original unsweetened or EdenSoy unsweetened soy milk. Also, keep in mind this may be a little thinner than some commercial yogurts, as it doesn’t have any thickeners.
- 1 32 oz. box of unsweetened soy milk
- 1 Jarrow Formulas Jarro-Dophilus probiotic capsule
- Open the package of soy milk.
- Pull or cut open the probiotic capsule and pour its contents into the soy milk carton.
- Cap the carton and SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE.
- Pour the soy milk into four small (8 oz.) jars.
- Place the jars inside the Instant Pot pot – no water, no rack – just put them on the bottom of the pot.
- Put the lid on the IP and close the vent.
- Set the Instant Pot to the yogurt setting for 13 – 15 hours. The longer it sits, the tangier it becomes. I usually set mine to 15 hours and let it go overnight.
- When it is done, remove the jars and set them on the counter to cool. DO NOT STIR the yogurt!
- Once the jars have cooled completely, put the lids on them and place the jars in the fridge for at least a few hours.
- Enjoy! I like to top my soy yogurt with granola, fresh berries, and a little coconut sugar or maple syrup.
I have a dedicated sealing ring that I only use for yogurt – I’m afraid to use the “regular” ring because I don’t want my yogurt smelling or tasting like the savory meals I make in my Instant Pot!