Vegan Scalloped Potatoes
This recipe is so comforting…and easy! I use Yukon Gold potatoes, purple potatoes, or a combination of whatever potatoes I have on hand. I used a mandolin to do the slicing, and this is an excellent use of leftover “nooch” (nutritional yeast) sauce (if you manage to have leftover sauce!). Nom nom!
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 medium white onion, sliced thin
- 2 batches of Nutritional Yeast Cheesy Sauce
- vegan buttery spread (to butter the pan)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- While the oven is heating, butter an 8″ by 8″ casserole dish. Put in a layer of potatoes, top with onions, and sprinkle a little salt and pepper. Spread a layer of nutritional yeast sauce.
- Repeat the layering process until you are out of ingredients, and make sure you have plenty of cheesy sauce on top.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake another 10-15 minutes to brown the top.