White Bean and Roasted Garlic Hummus
Hummus is traditionally made with chickpeas, but you can make an excellent hummus with white beans as well. Roasting mellows out the garlic and gives it an almost sweet flavor, so don’t be afraid of the garlic! Plus, it keeps the vampires away. (Except the ones that you don’t mind coming around…Damon or Stefan Salvatore, perhaps?)
- 1.5 cups or 1 can cooked white beans
- 1 bulb of garlic, roasted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- water as needed for consistency
- Put all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary.
- Add water to thin, if needed.
- Top with a bit of olive oil, paprika, and Kalamata olives.